segunda-feira, 6 de abril de 2015

05/04/2015 Sabah Adventure Challenge Race Report

Ok, another balance race report!

Day 1 - 35km -
We woke up very early took the vans And after a almost 3 hours arrived at Sabah Tea.
There I took some banana and go start, for my surprise guys wasn't push too much and I got to first CP at first, let's the navigation begins. Didn't find the path to climb and neither others who got me, we decidded to climb trought the bushes as a Malaysian guy was doing, once we got the road I decided to go right and few meters discovered that was wrong, came back and was 3, was with the british guy who was the man to win the race but got problems with my backpack hose and got behind being catch up by others guys, by this time I was mentally bad and make a few more mistakes. By the ennd of the day got the 6th place around 30 minutes of what I could have done. 20 minutes behind 5th.

Day 2 38km - Off course decided to go amoothly and try to keep the pace with better navigators. Firta part was climbs and descents, wich I was able to keep a little together with the british but once we got in forest I loose contact and in the firrat part that we should make a detour from a obstacle i didn't saw and took me like 2 minutes, came back but still could make my way out forest still on 3th place. On the way to CP 3 the portugueses and the french that it was 3 general got me and I tought that they will drop me, but I was able to keep with them, we get to CP 3 together and stayed like this for the most part, at a time after we got a 4k road where the portugueses ran away as me from the french, but in the rest time at CP I could be able to leave with the portugueses and the french no, at this time we got into the trails again on the way to the finish, a long way with aome doubts, bad feelings from our 3 but at the end we got a good navigation and the portugueses arrived front of me for 2 min since they ran well the climb. At the finish we saw the french guy wich was impossible got first then us and later we discovered that he took a part of road and penalized in 15 min. well the 2 guys that was 20 min agead of me just arrived a hour and a half behind wich gaved me a loot of advantage for the last day.

Day 3 18km - now a day for some different, the first part was the climb of 700mts to the water fallin 4k, veeery step and I couldn't be able to keep the pace of french and portugueses, once we got back they gave us a map with 15 points where we should collet 6 of them, treasure hunt! By the end of the day I have discovered that I have choose good points but again a not good navigation, probably cost me around 20 minutes but would not make any difference since the french guy was tight to the portuguese wich make a great navigation and the others behind me was even worse than me. Arrived well took care of my nose wich have been hurt from a palm tree with spines on my climb to waterfall and at final kept my 5th place. 
Went very well since the portuguese and the french I think was better runners than, the portuguese has marathon for under 3 hours so... 
About the race I really really liked the enviroment of friendship, the days at my own tent, the portuguese guys that I met, what a great time and historic race for me.
Then time to pack things and come back, arrived at Promenade Apartments Services that I booked by the kitchen expeting to cook but the building is hust totally bad, old the worse, just resting and waiting for bali

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário